Karen's Devotions

This is a selected collection of my devotions e-published on Daily Devotions, Journey Christian Church, Irvine, California; George Bragg, Editor. To join the mailing list, email George, gbragg@cox.net.

My Photo
Name:

As a 25+ year homeschooling vet, post-cancer, math prof, mother of five, master's track and field athlete, and certificated private pilot, I have a lot to share about what God has done in my life. In 2000 I began writing devotions as something to try when it seemed like accoustic pianists were becoming an endangered species at church. I have since found great blessings from writing and sharing. God is good.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Ah, Comfort Food


First Published July 25, 2012

My family likes a stovetop dish I call Chicken-Rice.  It’s been a comfort food staple since the kids could say “comfort food.”  Not only does it fill our tummies, it has other qualities.  These qualities are also found in the Bible, comfort food for the soul.



***

Rice, the Foundation



I Corinthians 3:11

For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.



The Bible is the primary way to learn about God. His word is filling and fulfilling.



***

Chicken, the Long Lasting Protein



Psalms 119:160

The sum of Your word is truth, and every one of Your righteous ordinances is everlasting.



The Bible has lasted through the ages. For each of us, it sustains us through ups and downs in life.

***

Vegetables, for Restoring and Repair



Psalms 23:3

He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.



God’s word is a source of strength.  The wisdom from above can heal and renew.



***

Broth and Spices Join and Permeate the Ingredients



I John 3:24

The one who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him.  We know by this that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.



It is the Holy Spirit, the Comforter that makes the word of God complete in us.



***

Today, let’s enjoy a large serving of Spiritual Comfort Food, the Holy Bible.


Copyright (c) 2012 Karen Vaughn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home