Karen's Devotions

This is a selected collection of my devotions e-published on Daily Devotions, Journey Christian Church, Irvine, California; George Bragg, Editor. To join the mailing list, email George, gbragg@cox.net.

My Photo
Name:

As a 25+ year homeschooling vet, post-cancer, math prof, mother of five, master's track and field athlete, and certificated private pilot, I have a lot to share about what God has done in my life. In 2000 I began writing devotions as something to try when it seemed like accoustic pianists were becoming an endangered species at church. I have since found great blessings from writing and sharing. God is good.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Show Me A Sign!


First Published June 17, 2013 

                                
(Uncited)

…And this shall be the sign to you…

****

Anxious, aren’t you!  You want to know what the sign is and where the quote is from.  Breathe…

 

What wakes you up in the morning? An alarm?  A crying baby? The birds chirping? The dog nuzzling your toes?  Car motors revving? The smell of brewing coffee?  A kiss on your cheek? The warm sun on your face?

 

All these are different signs of the morning beginning.  Some speak to us louder than other signs.  I would pop up at the sound of a crying baby and my husband Jeff awakes at the buzzing clock alarm.  Yup, notice that these signs offer a response.  The day is starting, now what are you going to do? And even if you do nothing, it’s a response.

 

While we tend to look for signs from God, are we ready to respond to him?  Are we eager to wake up and start the new day when His Son shines in our faces?  Instead of beginning today with, “Show me a sign!” let’s make as effort to observe what we do see now.  Accept it as yours, and use it to God’s glory.  If we see a friend sad, console him.  If we see someone in need, help them.  If we see tragedy on the media, pray.  These are your signs for today.  Own them!

****

 

Dear Lord, Sometimes you put trees in front of me when I want to see the forest!  Help me to not be anxious, to see what is in front of me and to turn what I see into an opportunity to share and grow in your Love.  In your Son’s name I pray, amen.

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home