Karen's Devotions

This is a selected collection of my devotions e-published on Daily Devotions, Journey Christian Church, Irvine, California; George Bragg, Editor. To join the mailing list, email George, gbragg@cox.net.

My Photo
Name:

As a 25+ year homeschooling vet, post-cancer, math prof, mother of five, master's track and field athlete, and certificated private pilot, I have a lot to share about what God has done in my life. In 2000 I began writing devotions as something to try when it seemed like accoustic pianists were becoming an endangered species at church. I have since found great blessings from writing and sharing. God is good.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

June Prayer

June Prayer


Proverbs 23:18-19
There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off. Listen, my son, and be wise and keep your heart on the right path.

**** ****
This is the time of year in which people in America think of as graduation time. School terms are ending and millions of young people are contemplating and implementing a next big step in their life. Some are making educational choices. Others are planning to enter the job force. And still others are considering both.

Meanwhile, scores of parents are seeing many years of cultivating a life come to fruition at this time. They know from their own life experiences that hard work and great rewards lay in the future. And they also know of the temptations and challenges the world can throw at them.

As three of my daughters graduate from college, another continues advanced studies while pursuing a new job, and my son plans for his future, I offer this prayer.

Dear Father in Heaven, I come before you to offer prayers for my children. I pray for their future; the decisions that they make today and the consequences they face tomorrow. I pray for abundant strength for them to weather challenges. I pray for their hearts to continue to grow in love and kindness. I pray for the people they influence, may they know my children as beacons of Christ-likeness. I pray for the people overseeing my children. I ask that they be true instruments of your precepts. I pray for my children’s zeal to never be extinguished and their courage to stand strong for your standards. Thank you deeply Lord for all of them. Be with them always. I humbly ask these things in the name of your son, Jesus, the Christ. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home