Karen's Devotions

This is a selected collection of my devotions e-published on Daily Devotions, Journey Christian Church, Irvine, California; George Bragg, Editor. To join the mailing list, email George, gbragg@cox.net.

My Photo
Name:

As a 25+ year homeschooling vet, post-cancer, math prof, mother of five, master's track and field athlete, and certificated private pilot, I have a lot to share about what God has done in my life. In 2000 I began writing devotions as something to try when it seemed like accoustic pianists were becoming an endangered species at church. I have since found great blessings from writing and sharing. God is good.

Monday, May 12, 2014

I Was A-Scared

First Published January 29, 2014


When I was young, I was afraid of the dark. I wondered what monsters dwelt under the bed and in the closet.  On the other hand, I was fearful that if the light was turned on, it would reveal the real monsters that lurked.


When I was older and read about light in the Bible, I was happy and relieved that light is a well-used, strong metaphor.  God is the source of light.


It is He who reveals the profound and hidden things;

He knows what is in the darkness, and the light dwells with Him. Daniel 2:22


***
 

When I allow God to lead me, his light shines and reveals what is in front of me, helping me make wise choices.
 

For You light my lamp; The Lord my God illumines my darkness. 

Psalms 18:28
 

***

I also learned that the Light of the Lord would reveal the sin in my life.

 

He reveals mysteries from the darkness and brings the deep darkness into light.

Job 12:22
 

***
 

And if I trusted His Son, Jesus, I too could walk in the light of eternal life.

 

 “I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness,

but will have the Light of life.” John 3:19


***

Thank you Lord.  I am no longer afraid of the dark, for I know that you will reveal what is hidden in the darkness, and will light the path of wisdom.  I am empowered to walk in righteousness and handle the dark places in my life. Amen.


Light arises in the darkness for the upright;

He is gracious and compassionate and righteous. Psalms 112:4
 
Copyright 2014 by Karen Vaughn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home