Karen's Devotions

This is a selected collection of my devotions e-published on Daily Devotions, Journey Christian Church, Irvine, California; George Bragg, Editor. To join the mailing list, email George, gbragg@cox.net.

My Photo
Name:

As a 25+ year homeschooling vet, post-cancer, math prof, mother of five, master's track and field athlete, and certificated private pilot, I have a lot to share about what God has done in my life. In 2000 I began writing devotions as something to try when it seemed like accoustic pianists were becoming an endangered species at church. I have since found great blessings from writing and sharing. God is good.

Monday, May 12, 2014

In the Presence of Royalty

First Published March 17, 2014


John 14:6

I am the way, and the truth, and the light; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

****
I seldom have been in the presence of a great person, but one such instance I can remember vividly.  When I was a teen, I was part of an education tour through Europe.  The students and counselors, all from the same school district, totaled about 20.  While touring Copenhagen, Denmark, we were granted a brief audience with one of the princesses of the king. We had to stand at a great distance in a courtyard while the docent/guide spoke to the princess’ aide.  In turn, the aide spoke to the princess and she nodded.  The guide returned to where we standing and told us to wave at the princess.  She acknowledged by again nodding.  Wow, a real live princess took notice of us. It was a goose-bump moment.


Jesus, the Christ, is our intermediary to God, creator of the universe.  Authority has been given to him not only to represent God to us, but to speak to him on our behalf. Our sinful life prevents us from being in God’s presence, but Christ’s shed blood on the cross allows for him to intervene.  Christ can testify for us that we have put our faith in the Plan of Salvation so that God’s judgment of eternal separation vanishes.

 
This is for us as individuals, and as a body of believers…


****

Ephesians 5:25b-27

Just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.

****

Though my “moment with royalty” was ever so slight, I better understand Jesus’ purpose in my life and as part of his church. Today, let’s pray using John 14:6 that we never forget that Jesus is the only way through which we can stand before God.


Dear Lord God, I approach you with Your Son Jesus as my intermediary. Help me always to lean on your promises.  In Christ’s name, amen

Copyright 2014 by Karen Vaughn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home