Karen's Devotions

This is a selected collection of my devotions e-published on Daily Devotions, Journey Christian Church, Irvine, California; George Bragg, Editor. To join the mailing list, email George, gbragg@cox.net.

My Photo
Name:

As a 25+ year homeschooling vet, post-cancer, math prof, mother of five, master's track and field athlete, and certificated private pilot, I have a lot to share about what God has done in my life. In 2000 I began writing devotions as something to try when it seemed like accoustic pianists were becoming an endangered species at church. I have since found great blessings from writing and sharing. God is good.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Momma-tudes


First Published May 9, 2014


Mother’s Day brings back to mind some of the “momma-tude” gems of wisdom that my mother, Christine taught me.

****

“Homework is given for a reason.”

Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:5-7

****

“Eat your peas.”

 “Why do you spend money for what is not bread, and your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, and delight yourself in abundance.”

Isaiah 55:2

****

Silence…with “The Look.”
 

[Love] does not rejoice in unrighteousness…

I Corinthians 13:6

 
****

Long, hard, hugs.
 

Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins.

I Peter 4:8

****

“Sit up straight!”
 

For the Lord is righteous, He loves righteousness; The upright will behold His face.

Psalm 11:7

****

“Wash behind your ears.”
 

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Psalm 51:10
 
Copyright 2014 by Karen Vaughn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home